Enjoy a healthy breakfast in the morning or a delicious treat later in the day. Slow cooker stuffed apples will give you all the fall feels.
- 5 medium-sized gala apples
- 5 1/8 cups granola
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 5 teaspoons maple syrup
- Ice cream or whipped cream for serving (if making for dessert)
- Cut a layer off the top of the apples with a knife. With a melon baller tool or a measuring teaspoon, remove the core and seeds from each apple.
- Pack ⅛ cup granola into each apple, and place into the slow cooker.
- Drizzle the apples evenly with the melted butter, and add a teaspoon of maple syrup to each apple.
- Cover, and cook on high for 2 to 2½ hours until tender, but not falling apart.
- Serve as is, or add ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipe from TheMagicalSlowCooker.com.